Bible Reading - Genesis 12:10–20
Bible Reading #
Genesis 12:10–20 #
The stories of Genesis were to remind the hearers who they were and whose they were
Even when I falter, God is faithful #
- What do we see?
- There is a famine in the land that God promised, so he went to Egypt.
- What does this mean?
- Why did God’s spirit prompt Moses to included this episode in the story of Abram?
- What would this story have meant to the original audience? (Recently freed slaves)
- There are quite a few similarities between Abram who when to Egypt because of a famine, was sent out from Egypt enriched because of plagues on the house of pharaoh.
- Two things to realize:
- My heroes are ordinary people
- God keeps His promises
Some questions must be answered by the way you live your life
When answering a question with your life your habits must align with your objectives.
The question this episode prompts is the most basic step:
“Do I trust God?”
This is a question that has a thousand faces
That must be answered at the deepest level
That must be answered repeatedly
The Blank Check:
I give God permission to accomplish His purposes in my life regardless of the cost.